Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Quotes on Friendship

“The better part of one's life consists of his friendships.” 

“Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?”

“What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies.” 
-- Aristotle
 
 “Lend money to an enemy, and thou will gain him, to a friend and thou will lose him.” 

“Friendship with ones self is all important, because without it one cannot be friends with anyone else in the world.”
“A sympathetic friend can be quite as dear as a brother.”
-- Homer

“It is easy enough to be friendly to one's friends. But to befriend the one who regards himself as your enemy is the quintessence of true religion. The other is mere business.”

 “Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried,
Grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel;
But do not dull thy palm with entertainment
Of each new-hatch'd, unfledg'd comrade.”

“You cannot be friends upon any other terms than upon the terms of equality.”

 "The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but to reveal to him, his own."
-Benjamin Disraeli 

 "Friend - a person known well to another and regarded with liking, affection and loyalty."
- Collins English Dictionary 

 "If you judge people, you have no time to love them."
- Mother Teresa 

 "True friendship's laws are by this rule express'd,
Welcome the coming, speed the parting guest."
- Alexander Pope 

  "You just remind me of what's really important in life, friends, best friends."
- Fried Green Tomatoes 

"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead
Just walk beside me and be my friend."
~ Albert Carnus


"Anybody can sympathize with the sufferings of a friend, but it requires a very fine nature to sympathize with a friend's success."
~ Oscar Wilde
Source: Books, Magazines and others
Read exclusive articles on  Beautiful quotes on Love , Beauty Quotes on Nature

No comments:

Post a Comment